The Student Diversity Leadership Cohort (SDLC) is a multiracial, multicultural gathering of upper school student leaders. SDLC focuses on promoting self-reflection, teaching cross-cultural communication skills, encouraging ally-ship, and building community within USM. SDLC is committed to creating a diverse, equitable, and cohesive environment for all USM students.SDLC Coordinator:
Dr. Gina Haughton, director of equity and student successLegacy Committee Leaders:
Basma Daham '21, Andrew Horvath '21, Mya Johnson '21, Kenyon Kirksey '21, Maddy Megal '21New Leaders 2020-21:
Carlos Banda '21, Willa Fowler '22, Zindzi Frederick '23, Nicholas Hu '23, Alexandra Lee '22, Nala Patel '22Committee Goals for 2020-21:
- Actively contribute in the feedback process as it relates to the USM curriculum audit.
- Design a cross-divisional art exhibit in the art gallery promoting JEDI initiatives.
- Support the start-up efforts of the Middle School affinity groups.
- Organize the Hours Against Hate Campaign.
- Assist in creating activities for professional development for faculty and students.
SDLC meetings are not open to the public, but the committee meets every C-Day during community time.