Thank you to all our community members who joined us for USM Reunion Weekend June 21-22, 2019! We were thrilled to see so many alumni return to USM, enjoy the beautiful weather, and reconnect with the school and one another. There were many memorable moments throughout the weekend, and for those who were unable to join us here are a few highlights from the events:
Click here for a full photo gallery recap
- More than 500 alumni came together to celebrate reunions and enjoy Alumni Association events throughout the weekend, including many from our predecessor schools MUS, MDS, and MCDS.
- Guests of the Summer Soirée at the Milwaukee Country Club on Friday evening enjoyed connecting with new Board of Trustees president Steve Guy (current school parent), who looks forward to working with Alumni Association president Andy Gordon '98, on future alumni programming and advancing the school.
- The collective classes of 1959 (MCDS, MDS, MUS) celebrated their 60th reunion together over an intimate dinner at the Milwaukee Country Club with a total of 43 attendees.
- More than 15 alumni baseball players joined current USM team members and took to the diamond for the Joe Lubar '08 Alumni Baseball Game on Saturday morning. Many thanks to the alumni players and spectators who traveled from all over the U.S. to participate and support the game!
- Food & Froth Beer Garden guests enjoyed food from Meat on the Street and Rose Mob Grill food trucks, specialty Sprecher beverages from their yellow fire truck, live music, and even a bounce house to keep our youngest guests entertained.
- Guests were treated to campus tours led by Alumni Association board members and recent graduates, highlighting changes to campus and how new spaces are utilized by students.
- Saturday evening, community members enjoyed open skating at the Uihlein Ice Arena followed by a special event honoring the 2018-19 boys varsity hockey team and celebrating their state championship winning season.
- The class of 1969 celebrated their 50th reunion in true USM fashion—by challenging the class of 1974 to a championship match of tennis at the Town Club on Saturday night. Both classes brought the heat, but in the end, the class of 1969 proved more skilled on the courts and finished the evening with a victory.
- The class of 1984 opened a time capsule unearthed from their class paver during the Upper School entrance renovations last year. School news articles from May 1984 revealed the items which would be included, although it ends up that the contents were more 1986 and a terrible smell (apologies to Pizza Man).
- Several non-reunion classes were invited to gather at the home of a local alumnus living near the USM campus. Guests celebrated their collective years at USM and the impressive bar amenities offered by the host.
of all events from USM Reunion Weekend 2019!